My first cruise — but not the last! Loved the NCL Jade

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Jade

7 Night Greek Isles (Athens Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 10, 2021

Ship: Norwegian Jade

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 11070

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The ship itself was an experience -- there were so many different restaurants, activities, and entertainment that you could wander the ship every day and night and find something new or different in every room. In fact, I almost wished we'd had a sea day (or 2) so that I could really make the most of being on board. And I loved waking up in a different location every day and seeing more of the country than I would have otherwise if I'd planned our itinerary myself. The only negative aspect was wanting to do things in each city that we didn't get to, either because we had to prioritize other excursions or because the logistics were too difficult in such short time on land -- but on the other hand, the cruise helped clarify which islands I definitely want to go back to. We loved cruising so much that while on board, we put down deposits for 2 more! I wrote a longer review here: https://www.abreathoffreshsarah.com/2021/10/review-of-norwegian-jade-7-days-in.html

Embarkation

Since this was my first cruise, I'm not sure how embarkation day usually goes, but we thought it was an absolute breeze. Because of COVID-19, passengers received a specific window to arrive. We were scheduled to board between 1:30pm and 2pm, but we happened to get to the port very early (around 12:45pm), and there were very few people there so they started processing us immediately, taking our luggage and directing us to the area for our mandatory COVID tests, and we were stepping on board the ship at 1:30pm on the dot. By the time we got to our room, our luggage was already waiting.

Ship experiences

IT WAS ALL SO GOOD! My favorite specialty restaurant was Le Bistro (the French restaurant), and I loved going to O’Sheehan’s for late night French fries. And the Garden Cafe introduced me to the concept of adding Rice Krispies to ice cream… the perfect combo of crunchy and sweet!

I appreciated the tennis/soccer/basketball area and the jogging track — I loved being able to run around the ship and watch the scenery change. And the pool and hot tubs were so fun, and I was impressed by all the live entertainment! I felt like it was the perfect amount of activities — just enough to have something to do but not enough that the options were overwhelming.

I wish I could give even more stars to the performers. We attended the Blazing Boots show, and I wish I could have seen it multiple times — if they offered it on DVD, I’d pay to buy it. The choreography was intense and all the singers and dancers were beyond talented. We also loved Justin Golan, the piano bar comedian!

They were all so friendly and helpful.

I thought the ship was the perfect size and had everything I needed. And the staff took sanitizing and cleaning seriously, they were very quick to pick anything up and to point out the hand washing stations and hand sanitizer.

I LOVED our room. So spacious and comfortable… and right off the staircase/elevators, so we could easily get around the ship (and only had to go up one floor to the pool or restaurants!).

Ship tip

If you have specialty dining options, visit the staff when you board to set up your reservations for the week, before the restaurants get booked.

Disembarkation

Another breeze! We were off the ship within minutes.

Traveler Photos