Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good First Cruise

Sail Date: November 21, 2015

This was my first cruise, so I don't have anything to compare.  I enjoyed the cruise, but had expected better service, particularly in the dining realm.

Pros:

-Nice stateroom.  We booked the smallest room possible but were still quite comfortable.

-Great excursions.  The dolphin swim in Cozumel and the Mayan ruin in Belize City were fantastic.

-Great housekeeping staff.  Loved the towel animals and room was always clean.

-They had a gym on board.

-The comedian, juggling, and Elements shows were all worth seeing!

Cons:

-Staff was a mixed bag. While housekeeping staff was friendly, the dining staff members were usually not.  Guest services staff were not at all helpful.

-The lines.  I felt like I was always standing in line for something.  This is probably my biggest gripe.  There was a line for every meal, tendering was a 3+ hour process, and nothing seemed very efficient. Staff was not helpful here at all.  Dinner reservations were useless.

-Too many kids.  I went during Thanksgiving week, so not much the cruise could do; but the kids were always running around and screaming which wasn't great for relaxing.

-The food was average at best.  Plentiful but not particularly delicious.

Overall, a fun week but I had expected to be dazzled by the cruise

Housekeeping was great!