Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Venice to Athens on the Norwegian Jade

Sail Date: May 23, 2015

This was my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to. I would say the very best thing about this cruise was the fantastic staff on the ship. Every single person was friendly and hospitable and helpful and kind.  The shipboard amenities were great and I love the spa.  I will say that I might not have liked it as much if we hadn't had the dining package. I am not a fan of big, noisy crowded rooms.  We ate in the main dining room for lunch several times and it was charming. But, the one evening we at there, it was noisy and busy. I wouldn't have liked eating there every night. Also the food varied in the speciality restaurants.  Cagney's was wonderful. We ate there twice both were "oh, wow" moments.  Even the vegetarian in the group liked it best (yes, a vegetarian liked the steakhouse!) because it was the only restaurant with a full vegetarian menu.  Moderno's was also great.  But, La Chuchina and Le Bistro were just okay.  The music and entertainment was impressive!  So many incredibly talented people and music everywhere. All in all, it was a great experience and I would consider cruising again because of it.

It varied a lot. Some was great, some just okay. But, never bad.
EVERYONE!!! Especially Lito!
Really loved the Tenors of Rock
Children's Programs No idea
I didn't do any of them. None appealed to me. I would have liked some in-depth lectures on the places were were going.
We did all of our own excursions. The ship shore excursions had too many people.

Cagney's Steakhouse was really great. They even had a vegetarian menu that included grilled tofu over rice. The vegetarian in the group was very happy and we ate there twice. It was the only restaurant with a veg menu. Others had one entree , but this had a whole menu. The buffet also had options.