Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Great time for a solo traveler too!

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

I took the Jade on it's last Voyage for the year to Greece, Turkey and Egypt. So please not this isn't referencing the Canary Islands (though I plan on doing this itinerary in a few months) ---

I didn't have anything fancy room wise, but I had a window cabin to let in some light and I was quite satisfied. I've sailed on the Jewel twice and as it's a sister ship to the Jade I was able to find my way around easily. ---

I'm in my 30's and married but decided to make this a solo vacation. I've traveled solo around the world but never on a cruise, so I really didn't know what it would be like. In one word it was excellent. ---

There's plenty to do (and not do) if you're so inclined. It's also a very pleasant atmosphere it doesn't feel rowdy and at the same time doesn't feel dull either. A good balance of fun and relaxation. ---

The ports of call were exciting and I had no trouble at any of them, both where I used NCL for excursions and made them on my own. ---

I LOVE, being able to dine alone without assigned seating. You also have the choice of sharing a table if you choose, so it's great for those that like flexibility.

Pros: Ports, Staff, Cabin

Cons: Smokers

Recommends Norwegian Jade? Yes!

Lovely ship, easy to navigate.
Delicious! They've added Indian meals to the buffet which is one of my favorite types of food, so I am thrilled! I wouldn't mind if they added some Puerto Rican dishes! Mufungo anyone???
Lovely room (and all to myself aaahhhh)
I honestly wish I could rate this higher. NCL has some of the friendliest staff, they're half the fun of being on the ship. You'll not only meet new and interesting people amongst the passengers, but amongst the staff as well. You get to know so many of the staff by name. I hope that many of them are there again the next time I'm on board the Jade.
Great shows. I wasn't fond of Shout, but Elements is FANTASTIC! There were a few I missed.