Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Purser

Not for singles!

Sail Date: June 01, 2009

I traveled as a single and found that the NCL Jade staff made little effort to engage its single passengers. Mostly, I chatted with couples I met while dining. I met a few single people on the ship, but not during organized singles activities. The ship was newish and clean, but the Hawaiian decor was jarring on a cruise to Norway. I had my cabin made up into one large bed which was very confortable. The food was varied and ample but average in quality. (I never ate in specialty restaurants, where it might have been better.) The service was adequate, put not particularly attentive or friendly. Most often the ship felt overcrowded and noisy. A babble of voices in many languages and piped in music was everywhere. Maybe some cruisers enjoy such an atmosphere, but I do not. I rarely found a quiet spot to read or use my laptop. I limited use of the ship's wifi, did not drink alcohol, and chose excusions carefully, because costs were much higher than I expected.

Pros: Stops at ports and sailing along the coast of Norway provided unique experiences.

Cons: The ship was incongruously decorated with Hawaiiana.

Recommends Norwegian Jade? No.