Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Lovely Cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

We were very pleased with this cruise. The crew was wonderful. Don't think we encountered anyone that was unpleasant. Our room was great and the bed was so comfortable. We had a mini-suite which was a good size for myself and husband and teenage son. It was wonderful to have the balcony as well. The entertainment was fantastic. I even went to one show twice I liked it so well. My son really enjoyed the teen program and participated with it every day. We really liked most of the ports. Our favorite was Funchal and Malaga. We did do some of the shore excursions offered by the ship. The quality of them I think depends on how good your guide is. We had a great one in Casablanca but some of our friends didn't get a guide that was as good and therefore didn't care for that stop as much as we did. There are a lot of extra costs but we kind of expected that so no big surprise. I probably would not have done the soda package for myself and husband if I had realized that water and iced tea were included in the cruise price. It was not bottled water but it was fine and the iced tea was really good. We didn't end up using the soda package very much. We only ate at 2 speciality restaurants, Cagneys and the Tex-mex place. They were both really good but Cagneys was exceptional. Probably the best steak I have ever eaten. The other restaurants were good also. We really enjoyed the buffet too. Better than most buffet food. Overall, we loved the cruise and look forward to booking our next one with NCL.

Pros: The ship, the crew, good entertainment, great room w/balcony

Cons: A lot of extra "little costs" but we expected some of that

Recommends Norwegian Jade? Yes!

Ship was very clean. Our rooms were cleaned twice a day. Room stewards were some of the nicest people on the ship.
Beds extremely comfortable!
We saw almost all of the shows and they all were good. I really liked the group called Fourever. They were 4 guys similar to Il Divo. Loved them.