Very relaxing

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Getaway

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 12, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

With this being our first cruise I was nervous about what to expect. I spent the months leading up to it watching YouTube videos and reading ALL reviews the good and the bad. This was the a very relaxing and fun time. Will do another cruise again and with Norwegian.

Embarkation

Went fairly quickly. We were boarding group 22 sat in terminal for maybe 10 minutes

Ship experiences

We did not care for main dining for dinner but enjoyed them for lunch. Had breakfast and dinner in buffet. Had Cagney and La Cucina as our 2 specialty dining both more food then we could eat and very good

Savor Restaurant

Loved this place for lunch did not care for dinner

O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar and Grille

My son ate here numerous times on our 5 days cruise. I went once it was good food however staff not very attentive. Had a glass that was cracked sat with cracked glass for 10 minutes before I could get anyone’s attention. Service a little slow at least out of all the places we ate. However overall a good place to get great food.

La Cucina Italian Restaurant

Great food and again more than you can eat

Cagney's Steakhouse

Great staff and more food than anyone can eat.

My son did everything on board and said this trip was the best time ever.

Guest Services

Never waited for more than 5 minutes in line. Staff always super friendly and helpful

Basketball Court

My son spent hours up there playing basketball with the new friends he met while in cruise.

We saw burn the floor. Very good even my 17 yr old son said it was good.

Burn the Floor

Great performance my 17 yr old son even thought it was great

Every staff we came across was super friendly, helpful and always had a smile.

Very clean even in the buffet staff was always keeping tables clean and used dishes picked up.

Cabin for the 2 of us was a good size, very clean, plenty of storage space. Balcony was small and hard to get around each other if both were out there together. Overall no real complaints. Bathroom was bigger then I expected. Having a shower door instead of a curtain was great. Plenty of room to turn around and shower.

Ship tip

Watch as many YouTube videos and read all(good and bad) reviews. But keep an open mid about everything and have a good time.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

Because we had a 5:30pm flight out we did the city tour. It was very informative my 17 yr old son thought it was a very interesting.

We did the Xplor park excursion here. Had lots of fun.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Because we were only here from 7am to 2pm we chose to just spend the day in the port. Very clean lots of places to early, shop, and get drinks. Vendors were not very pushy at all.

Disembarkation

Because we did the tour of the city it was easy and painless. Met in the Tropicana dining room at 8:30am we then just followed a staff member off ship to baggage and out through customs.