Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

First Norwegian Cruise

Sail Date: August 22, 2015

I have been on about ten cruises and this was my first cruise with Norwegian.  Our Itinerary changed to Western Caribbean due to hurricane Danny.. I thought the entertainment was very good.  The comedy shows were very good. Disappointed that you had to pay for the illusion show.  It really should have been part of the entertainment on the ship.  It was a beautiful ship, however, I would be very hesitant to cruise with Norwegian in the future.  I think there should be three pools on this ship due to so many passengers.. I thought the pool area was too crowded.. Also, the service in the main dining was the worst I had ever experienced on a cruise.  Food took forever, they messed up orders, food came out cold at times  you got a bit of an attitude from staff.  After complaining to guest services, they changed our experience around.. I have to say they did make a great effort to  change our opinion of the service, which we greatly appreciated.  We overheard people talking in the dining room and at the beach about their disappointment with service and frustration with food issues as well.  My biggest complaint was that the Bingo jackpot was not given away to passengers at the end of the cruise.  They had a $5000 cover all jackpot that would only be won if you got Bingo in 47 numbers or less.  Otherwise, they gave $750 to the winner if you went over 47 numbers.  I have never experienced that on any cruise I have ever been on.  The jackpot always goes back to the passengers who put the money in.. Not on this cruise line! Apparently, NCL makes money off the Bingo.  They had so many people the night of the jackpot and Norwegian kept all the proceeds.  I think that alone, put the worst taste in my mouth with this cruise line.. Me and my family did have a nice time and I love cruises but wouldn't go back on this ship..

comfortable beds and nice size bathroom

Enjoyed the specialty restaurants and comedy shows