Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

New England Cruise on Norwiegen Gem

Sail Date: September 14, 2013

I was very dissapointed in the Norwiegen line. The menu in all 3 free restaurants was the same every night. There were too many "pay" restaurants and not enough free ones, considering the amount of passengers on board. The tenders were like Chineese fire drills. There was only one elevator that went down to the 6th floor main dining room for handicapped people. There were extra fees for playing bingo and bowling. The prices they charge to do laundry was ridiculous! ($1.95 to wash a pair of underpants!) There were extra fees for almost everything. Non-handicapped people were allowed to sit at designatred handicapped tables in the cafe. This was very irritating because of the limited seating in the first place. I received poor service in the Magenta. When I had questions, I received a different answer from each of the staff members I asked.. The bed was lumpy. There idea of a movie theater was watching an old movie in the main lobby which was noisy and crowded. The TV channels in the room were very limited and they showed the same 3 or 4 movies over and over again all week. I had a manicure that was sloppy and they wanted to give me the privilege of having it redone at a cost of an additional $29 for a manicure. The 14 day no-chip nail polish I received chipped 4 days after I got it. We were celebrating our anniversay so in their wisdom, we ordered and ate dessert, then they brought out a cake to celebrate our anniversary - so of course we didn't eat the cake because we already had dessert. I had no assistance in wheeling my husband in his wheelchair down the ramp in Rhode Island to the tender and we almost "flew" into the harbor. No one noticed or cared. These are the reasons I was very dissapointed in the Norwiegen cruise line. Need I say more?

Skip it. Book another cruise line.