Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Second Mate

I led this group cruise...

Sail Date: January 28, 2012

I led this group cruise to nowhere.. my group consisted of 14 people. I have been on three nowhere cruises in the past so I know it's a great party atmosphere.

Checking in this time, though, was chaotic. There were two NCL ships at port this time allowing guests on at the same time. It was a crazy large crowd with lots of lines but being my companion and I are GOLD with NCL, we only waited in one short line. Unfortunately, the rest of my group had to wait a while to board.

After getting on board, we went to the pool deck as it was a warm January day! Party was in full swing with lots of great drinks and good food. The buffet, as usual, was jam packed so be sure you find a buffet on the pool or the back of the ship as well. There is also additional seating in the Italian restaurants for breakfast and lunch. In addition to all that, they had a pool side BBQ at 3:45pm.

We stopped at our cabin (interior.. who cares to sleep) I would have liked ice or a fridge but the fridge was locked so I asked for ice and they came within 10 minutes. Luggage away- time to play!

The day was full of dancing by the pool, then an excellent dinner at Tequila which is a specialty restaurant that serves Mexican food. The fajitas are amazing and the best I ever had. They also make an excellent premium margarita.

After dinner, we went to Karaoke (my personal favorite activity) but you can also catch a show, gamble, etc. Then we had two venues to choose from for dancing the night away.. toga party in Bliss lounge and a phenominal DJ in Spinnaker lounge where we danced until 2am!

Embarkation, breakfast buffet again, completely over crowded and then people waiting in lines to exit the ship. We relaxed and waited a bit then used our VIP gold status to go to the head of the line. Cruise with NCL for a while and you can become gold too.

It was an awesome evening and I can't wait to do it again! Want to join me?

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Cruise Photos

Children's Programs no kids for the one night cruise