Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

A Wonderful cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

I had a wallet stolen in Barcelona the second day of the cruise. One of the men in particular went above and beyond his duties to assist me getting funds for the balance of the cruise, He made many phone calls and put me in contact with my credit companyy to forward money. Best of all, he located a place in one of the ports where I was able to pick up the money. His effort made the rest of the cruise to be enjoyable despite the bad incident

The ship was maintained impeccably and the cabin crew were extremely good.

Pros: The itinerary touring the historical sites in Spain and Italy. Freestyle cruising provides flexibility in schedualing activities.

Cons: More shore time in some ports would e desirable

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

See above comment
Cruise food is not 5 star as many expect. Consider,serving thousands of meals every day, I found the meals very acceptable and enough vairiety This was my 12th cruise.
The cabin crew called me by name and maintained the room and baths with great care. Some people have unfortunate things happen. None happened to me.
See comment above. The other people at the Guest Relations were very considerate and they knew about my probles as well.
The musical shows are top quality. Most of the other shows are enjoyable as well. Only objection is comedians using questionable humor especially when young people are present.