Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Great New Ship

Sail Date: January 05, 2008

This was the third winter in a row, I decided to sail to the Caribbean from New York. I was a little disappointed that my favorite ship, Norwegian Dawn, had been replaced by Norwegian Gem. I shouldn't have worried. The Gem is a lot like the Dawn but newer and a bit reconfigured. The staff, entertainment, and appointments were as terrific as ever. The food was better than ever, and the buffet has been made to feel more like a real restaurant with linen tablecloths and candlelight at dinner. The specialty restaurants were wonderful, and it was easy to get a reservation. The cabin was good (and I always book an inside cabin!). If I wanted to improve it, I'd install a light in the closet. It was hard to see if you were trying to get something without turning on the lights and waking your companion. My complaints are absolutely minor. If you like Freestyle, you'll love Norwegian Gem.

Pros: The congeniality of the staff- the entire staff!!!

Cons: Difficulty getting from one end to the other on deck 13

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!