Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

The food is wonderful no matter what you eat or where. Very quality. Of course Cagney's is superb but has a cover charge. The crew, reception, waiters, all, are very friendly and polite and try to learn your name. The hotel director, Klaus, makes sure that all is perfection and it is. I just did not find anything not to like. I have been on about 50 cruises and this is the first perfect one. The majority of the crew is European or Australian and I think this is the big secret of success plus excellent management.

Pros: All the crew was very friendly and efficient. Loved the Romanians but they are all nice. The food; never found anything that was not delicious and quality. The ship is beautiful and has enough restaurants that I never had a problem waiting long.

Cons: The Internet Cafe and Simon, the manager. Very slow and the charges are ridiculous even before you get on your own internet company. They are not part of NCL and think NCl needs to get another bid that has more integrity.

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!