Norwegian Epic Cruise Review

Norwegian Epic

Sail Date: March 17, 2018

Ship: Norwegian Epic

Review Summary

Had a great time on this ship, even with all of the spring breakers. First time cruising Norwegian and second cruise. This is an older ship with some “quirks” about her. I only have Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas to compare her with. After reading a lot of the reviews on Epic, I was worried about the ship/cruise. It is a large ship but it didn’t feel too crowded. I was expecting the elevators to be full and slow...yes they were, so we took the stairs. The casino was smoky, so we found another route. We made reservations for all of our dining before leaving home, so didn’t have to wait in line. The entertainment was AMAZING!!! Again, made reservations before we left home. One show we did stand-by and got a great seat. The crew gets a bad rap in reviews, well... they were attentive, friendly and always smiling. Andre, the cruise director ALWAYS made you smile and felt welcomed with of all of the fun activities on board. The food was really good. We never went to any of the specialty restaurants because we enjoyed Taste and Manhattan. The Garden buffet was huge with so many options for breakfast and lunch and different themes each night for dinner. Our cabin with clean, big and plenty of storage. (Mini-spa cabin with balcony) The pools and hot tubs are designed poorly with not enough lounge chairs, but we eventually did find some empty ones. I would cruise again with Norwegian. Do your due diligence and research the ship, ports and layout so you know what to expect. Happy cruising!!!