Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Worst Cruise Ever...

Sail Date: July 10, 2015

I have sailed on the Dawn in the past and had a bad experience, but I decided to give it another try since it is the least expensive way to go to Bermuda. I have sailed on several of Carnival's ships and have always been extremely satisfied with the entertainment, service, shipboard credit and food options. Norwegian is NO match to Carnival. The food on Norwegian is subpar, unless you pay extra to go to restaurants that are not included. Some of there shows are good, but they have no comedy or other options available except for the main show each evening!! On this last cruise we received the drink package.  They do not have enough staff available to serve you in any of the areas on the ship so it takes forever to get a drink. Once you get the drink I believe they water the liquor down because I never drank so much in my life and I never felt drunk. Usually I have 2 drinks and get drunk!!! In general, I feel the service is below average!! As far as the $200 shipboard credit, BEWARE!!! There is refundable and nonrefundable credit- you can not use the nonrefundable credit for gratuities!!! After we disembarked I realized that my mother in law did not realize this. She had $180.00 shipboard credit that was unused. She paid $180.00 for gratuities. When I called the day we disembarked to remedy this, I had to write to Norwegian. They answered in 2 weeks and said, "SORRY"!!  Each year I plan a cruise for a group of 10 + people. I booked 6 rooms, with 18 people and they did nothing to credit the $180.00 to my inlaws. Instead they offered a free bottle of wine OR chocolate covered strawberries for the next cruise I booked with them!!! Needless to say, I WILL NOT be traveling with them again, nor will any of my other family members!!! My recommendation to you, is to consider travel with CARNIVAL or ROYAL CARIBBEAN! I have ALWAYS had exceptional service from both of these cruise lines!!

I stayed in an obstructed oceanview cabin the last time I traveled on this ship and it had one large window, which was nicer than this particular cabin(8512). This room had 2 very narrow long windows. Otherwise, the room was not bad.
There embarkation and disembarkation is really good!! My recommendation is to carry your bags off yourself!!
Love Bermuda!! Get a 3 day bus pass for $45.00 and do things on your own. Horseshoe Bay is gorgeous and east to get to on the bus. We also went to Tom Moore's Jungle and swam in a cave and in the Blue Hole... It is awesome!! You take the bus to Tom Moores Tavern and to the left of the parking lot you take the red dirt trail (easy, short hike). Where the trail splits, veer left to swim in the cave. Go back and veer right to get to the Blue Hole swimming area, where you can jump off the cliff!!! The locals on the bus are very friendly and willing to help you get where you want to go.
The main shows each evening are very good. I wish they had comedy shows also. Seating is so limited in the main shows!!! Get there early if you want a seat!
Worst service I ever had on a cruise. Not enough staff!! Some of the staff were exceptional!!!!
Look for Rey(pool deck and Spinnaker), Salvadore(8th floor atrium bar) and Bosco( main dining room in back of ship)- they are the BEST!
Terrible, unless you go to pay restaurants

The ship is old, service is horrible, food is terrible!!!
What I did like about the Dawn is the fact that we did not have to fly since we live in Rhode Island. As far as the destination, I love Bermuda and would definitely go back. Try Celebrity out of Boston!!!