Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Mamma!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: October 17, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

So, this was my first cruise, but it is why I'm taking another NCL cruise next month. I've read other reviews of the cruise, and I'll say this: When you book a cruise in hurricane season, anything can happen. Because of a hurricane, we ended up in Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay, rather than Kings Warf. I've never been to Bermuda, but I don't feel like I missed anything. Other than the Pool Side BBQ that was canceled for fire safety (which could happen on ANY sailing. Despite popular belief the captain can't control the wind) and a few nights of REALLY rough seas (our state rooms were pretty far forward on the ship, and the seas were rough enough that we were tossed in the air and back into our beds) this was an amazing vacation. The entertainment staff was peppy and approachable. They were dancing to welcome us on board in Nassau. GSC was a fun, relaxing beach day. Our Steward was amazing too, bending over backwards to see that we were happy. The ONLY negative thing I can see was the food and service in the Blue Lagoon, but we complained on ship to the right people, and the head of dining comped our party of four a dinner, wine, and after dinner coffee at La Cuchina.

Bad experience in the Blue Lagoon, everywhere else was awesome.

Snap-It Scott, Dingo Dave, and Gerome made the trip for us!

A little kindness goes a long way with the crew. You're on vacation, but this is a normal work day for them.