Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Second Mate

From a Platinum member:

Sail Date: May 09, 2014

The stateroom we stayed in had an ominous scent in the closet as well as the hallway. Very musty odor, all cruise. So bad that we dreaded going back to the stateroom. I think paying gratuties previous to the sailing is wrong. person who receives the tip should earn it first. paying before hand allows for poor service, why should they care? Tips already provided. I have yet tippped a waiter or waitress before I ate my meal in any restaraunt. The embarkation was deplorable as was the disembarkation. I was promised a different line for getting on the ship as well as getting off the ship. Embarkind took appr 2 housr, disembarking was approximately 2 hours. Nobody we talked to had any idea where or when platinum members were supposed to disembark. Food was great, however we never used the main dining rooms or the specialty dining areas. And again, why should we pay gratuities for something we never used?.

While using the Casino, I had to request the pit boss to remove a dealer who was rude,obnoxious,belligerant, and pushy, Let-It-Ride table! I believe it was Thursday 5-15 at 4pm.

One of the smoothest sailing I have been on, as far as the ride aboard ship goes.

I shall not allow these inconveniences to mar my future plans to sail with NCL. While onboard we took advantage of the offer to put a down payment on our next cruie, perhaps on the Breakaway from New York to Bermuda (love this cruise).

Thanks for your time,

Ed & Lynne

Ominous odor from the closet area as well as in the hallway.
My clean clothes got the scent on them and I couldn't wear them, had to wash them when I got home.

Food at the Garden Café was excellent