Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

2nd trip on the Norweigan Dawn

Sail Date: October 18, 2013

This was the 2nd trip on the Norweigan Dawn for my husband and I so we knew the ship pretty well and how things were run. Going in October was a little disappointing as it was cloudy and cool on the way to Bermuda, so being at the pool was okay. Coming back we hit a patch of rough seas and also it rained and was cold in the 50s on the return voyage. So once again we had to stay inside the boat. Bermuda was beautiful, sunny and fun to explore. We had not gone to St. George on our last trip, so this was a priority for us to see. Was nice but we prefer the more hustle and bustle of Hamilton with the shops, people and also Horseshoe Bay. We love Bermuda and would go back again. The highlight of our cruise was the Rising Sun Cataran trip. We snorkled, tried our skills on kayaks and my husband did the standing on the paddle board. The crew was great, gave us a scenic tour and we had a bunch of fun people with us. Unfortunately the 2nd day of trip my husband got a stomach bug and then I got it on the last day to see Bermuda (Tuesday). We both recovered but it put a damper in our trip. Also we were excited to try Cagney's Steakhouse as we missed the chance last time on the boat. The restaurant is lovely and the food was good, but our service was horrible. The waiter was so unattentive to us that I had to ask the hostess to clear our plates while we waited almost an hour for our food to arrive and then my steak was uncooked. Not an experience I would do again especially paying an extra $30 pp. Our cabin steward was awesome and the comedian, Tim Kapinski, was so funny!  The shows need to be updated as 2 years later they were the same. Jose and Patti duo were awesome and did a Neil Diamond salute. Overall our experience was good. The food was okay and if you go, go in September not October.

Children's Programs N/A

Go to Blue Lagoon for a great breakfast. Book your excursions online or early on the boat.