Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Not as good as I expected

Sail Date: May 11, 2012

The ship was small and you had to walk through some restaurants and bars to get where you were going. Shops were few to be found. Poorly laid out if I have to say. Musters were performed indoors in restaurants or the theater. Not my idea of having at least a close up appreciation of the safety features on the ship. Maybe it was just the ship, but I wouldn't sail on it again.We purchased soda packages and then when ordering soda, we experienced disappearing wait staff. Ordered soda with meals and then had to flag down first waiter to get refills. One waiter came to our table at Gatsby's just after we sat down and ordered two sodas. He left and never returned. In fact, he stood at the bar with the bartender and chatted then left to deliver ''alcohol' to other guests. Sorry, but my wife and I can't drink with the medications we take. Quite a few of the waitstaff showed no emotion or smiled. This was the first cruise for us on this cruise line but perhaps we are spoiled from our previous 3 trips on a competing company with ,and now that we know, a larger ship with much better service and more shops.

Pros: The food was good

Cons: beverage packages service was horrendous. Not happy at all with the service for non-alcoholic drinks.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

Our housekeeper, Bagus, was the best!
Our housekeeper Bagus was the absolute best. Always had a smile and a cheerful attitude. Room was always ready whenever we got back to there. Everyone should be as cheerful as he. One can tell when someone is truly happy and willing to help. NCL - gives this man a promotion so he can affect others, please