Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

12th NCL Cruise to bermudaB

Sail Date: May 11, 2012

This was our 12th cruise from Boston to Bermuda with NCL. Overall, it's the most convenient and easiest cruise because of no air travel - just a 40 min drive to the cruiseport. The cruise director, Paul Scally, sets the tone and theme for all of the entertainment (the best cruise director to date!!).

As a NCL Platinum member, I expected to see more on-board benefits (including an upgrade) but didn't. NCL did host two Latitude member receptions and both were about as lame as they get - the second one for silver, gold and platinum members was the worst.

When making my initial reservations with vacation Outlet I was informed that I would very likely receive an upgrade because I was booking a guaranteed stateroom plus my Platinum membership would increase the likelyhood - well, did not receive the upgrade.
Other than my disappointment with my Platinum membership, the cruise was enjoyable.

Pros: The evening entertainment, the Cruise Director, and the Specialty Reastaurants

Cons: No added benefits for Platinum members worth mentioning, attention to detail in the buffet restaurants needs improvement (ran out of coffee on morning!!!!)

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Specialty restaraunts were excellent (Cagney and leBistro). LaCucinni was a disappointment (not recommended). Observed the Restaurant Director chew out and bring to tears the matre'd at this restaurant. That was not fun to observe.. it actually was a downer mid-way through our dinner.

Buffet restaurant needs a shot of continuous improvement. Attention to detail (coffee running out, no coffee cups, OJ running out, just a few examples. Another suggestion for NCL... I watched too many elderly folks struggle and the buffet - ship staff should be available to assist. If NCL can place two staff members at the entrance of the buffet with "washy-washy/happy-happy", then they can certainly add a few staff to help those in need.
Balcony stateroom was tiny. General cleanliness was good. Plenty of room on the 12 and 13th deck for sunning.
Very small. Balcony was the only enjoyable part of the stateroom.
The evening entertainment was the best part of the cruise - great music and shows all around! The cruise director, Paul Scally, is the heart of the operations and this is the difference.
very hard working (10 hrs/day, 7 days/week for 9 straight months (and you thought your job was tough!).