Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Some good, Some not so good

Sail Date: May 04, 2012

Answering the question -Would you recommend this ship?- was hard to give a yes or no answer. I would recommend it with reservations. My husband and I have cruised on Royal Caribbean multiple times so we have some loyalty but that is not why we were not impressed with NCL. The Dawn was a nice enough ship but every time you turned around you were being charged for something. The freestyle dining is a good concept but the fact that you have to pay a cover charge in ALL the specialty restaurants is a bit much. Yes, we could have eaten in the Garden Cafe , Venetian , or the AQUA but it was nice to try something new. Yes no one had a gun to our head but again we were on vacation. Not only did you have to pay for these meals, but the quality of the food was OK. I am not sure if all the cruise lines are dropping their standards when it come to the food but it was evident on the Dawn. I guess the only way to find out is to travel on RCCL next time.
My only other major complaint is the smoking that is allowed on each private balcony. yes it is your balcony and you should be allowed to smoke, but when you are blowing the smoke on your balcony and I am less than 1 foot away, I might as well light up. I am a former smoker and as you know we are the worst, but when you have finally quit, being subjected to the one thing you are trying to avoid, STINKS!!! We could not sit on our deck at all.
I really hate it when people come back from a wonderful vacation and do nothing but complain. This is not my style, but I'm "JUST SAYING"
For the most part it was wonderful trip. We met alot of great people, on and off the ship and will recommend this trip, but with an *.

Pros: Bermuda

Cons: The Dawn

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

They need to throw out most of there glass ware. Many with cracks, chips and cloudy. Oh yeh that's right they want you to buy their souvenir glasses!!!
Very small portions in the specialty restaurants. Yes, I know, we Americans eat way too much. But you are suppose to gain weight on a cruise, aren't you. Not this time!!!
The relationships we had with our cabin steward and the wait staff in the restaurants was very different from other cruises we have taken. I am not sure if it is actual staff or the fact that we were never in the same dining room twice. We loved Magda at the Gatsby Bar. She was colorful and had alot of energy
I feel like I HAD A SMOKING ROOM DUE TO THE SMOKING THAT IS ALLOWED ON THE BALCONIES. IT STINKS!!!!
Enjoyed the 2nd city show