Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

So much fun!

Sail Date: May 04, 2012

I went on this cruise with my fiance, and we loved it! There were a lot of older people (we're in our late 20s) but this didn't bother us because we weren't really trying to meet new people -- we kept to ourselves and had a really nice time. The freestyle format was really great for this because we didn't have an assigned dinner table or time. It was wonderful to be in the same port for 3 days -- we felt that we got see and do a lot in that time (and we loved that there was no curfew at night, so we could come and go as we pleased). We liked the shows, but weren't so much into the other activities. We played trivia a couple of times, but other than that, we mostly read outside or watched movies in our room. We would both choose Norwegian again!

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

Overall, I was very pleased with most of the food. We typically ate dinner in one of the main dining rooms, and more often than not, we got delicious meals. Not every single thing on the menu was delicious, but I would say that I really liked about 80% of what I ate. We tended to eat steak and fish, and both tended to be very yummy (although once my fiance ordered a chicken dish and it was pretty bland). For our other meals, we would generally go to the buffet or the BBQ outside, both of which were very good with a lot more options than the main dining rooms (lower quality food, but more flavorful). We also did one meal in one of the specialty restaurants and it was AMAZING. However, it was fine as a one-time thing -- eating at the regular places most of the time was perfectly fine.