Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Nice ship, nice cruise

Sail Date: September 23, 2011

The overall impression was very nice. Pool was quite small. Hot tubs looked foamy and nothing we wanted to get into.

Pros: Venetian dining room was nice

Cons: Staff constantly trying to push things that cost extra

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Room was nice, pretty clean, small.
I was annoyed by some of the bar staff making me feel I was asking too much for ordering (free) water. Once I was brought a $4.50 bottle of water when I clearly asked for a glass (free) of water. I kept it anyways, but it wasn't what I wanted and he did not offer to take it back when I pointed out his mistake. The rest were OK, nothing special.
The shows were not great, seemed to be a place where they had cut corners. Comedian ventriloquist was actually pretty boring except for the last sketch. Comedy group from Chicago was bad. Cruise Director was very funny.
The ship was very nice, well maintained. The layout was a little strange, deck 5 and 6 was separated in the center by crew space and had to go to mid elevators to get anywhere. We liked the promenade (wrap around outside on the main deck where the restaurants and atrium were.
We went to Venetian every night and for the most part, liked the food. Didn't really like the way the tables for two were so close, but we are sort of private people. Staff was very friendly, and we could usually get a window table when we asked.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
We rented scooters and took off to the beaches every day to snorkel and look for beach glass. It was a blast. Found tons of glass. Rented from Eve's Cycles and were not very happy with the condition of their scooters. One leaked gas and we had to bring back. Other was so underpowered could not make some hills. Would stick to Oleander next time, price was almost the same.
Don't Miss: Didn't hang around it.