Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Beautiful Bermuda

Sail Date: July 29, 2011

The ship was beautiful with glass elevators, lounges, piano players. A coffee bar and a beautiful theater.

Pros: The entertainment

Cons: the small cabin

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

I had a room for 4 and I was disappointed with the fact that one of the beds rolled out from underneath another. I assumed there would be 2 wall mounted beds but there was only one. So when a cabin is super small that gives you no room to walk at all and with 4 people that can be frustrating. The beds were comfortable, good thing because that's where you were if you weren't in the bathroom, there was no where else to go between luggage in the room and a bed on the floor. Everything was clean and kept up well.
it was always clean and the layout was convenient for most. Of course we had a room on the 5th floor. If your room is on the 4th or 5th floor you have a harder time getting to it because not all elevators go to those floors.
3 restaurants all with a different atmosphere. The Venitian was a very formal but also beautiful restaurant. The Aqua more casual but again pleasing to the eye. and the last was the Blue Lagoon which I never ate at but was more like a quick service restaurant. Then there was the buffet which was always good and always had something for everyone. It has a special section for children with a child height sized buffet and tables...the kids loved it.
Everyone was super friendly and nice.
Tons of things to do always. The only problem was deciding what to do when there was more than one thing going on.
Friendly staff, my 7 year old son wanted to be with them always. Make sure you ask about signing up for the night they take the kids to the magician, dinner and the bollywood show. He really enjoyed doing those things with his new friends.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
I am a beach person so,I took a cab which cost @ $70.00 round trip to Horshoe Beach which is the most beautiful beach in Bermuda. They have rental chairs and umbrellas for $15.00 but you get $5.00 back when you return them at the end of the day. I've been to Bermuda before and docked at St.George's, this beach is the best. Tobacco Bay is ok too though. Snorkel park is ok if the majority of your party are smaller children and you don't mind spending $10.00 a person to get in, as it is in walking distance. We also went snorkeling at Horshoe Bay and at Church Bay which has a rough turf and is not good for children or anyone with health problems because there are 3 long sets of stairs to go down. However the fish there were many and plentiful. Also if you go to Church Bay make arrangements with your taxi driver to come back and pick you up as taxi's do not make this place a routine stop.