Bermuda Cruise 2011

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: June 17, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
I wasn't impressed with the ship. After hearing so much about the renovations, etc. I was a little disappointed. I thought it could have been clearer as to what elevator takes you where, I think the food at the restaurants you didn't have to pay for was just okay. The same thing night after night and morning after morning wasn't great. I thought the bathrooms that were on the pool deck and some of the ones on the other decks were disgusting - very dirty and most of the time out of order. I thought the elevators were extremely slow.

I didn't think there was a lot of variety in the food at all. I did like the freestyling part where you could eat whenever, wherever. The specialty restaurants (the ones you paid extra for) I thought were great!!

I thought the shows were excellent. The timing was great (7:30 & 9:30).

I thought the teen center was a great idea for the kids. My daughter had a great time and met a lot of nice kids. I don't think there were enough activities for the kids in general. A rock climbing wall, mini golf, water slide, etc. would have made this ship great!

Our cabin steward was awesome! Some of the other staff were not as friendly. Sometimes it was difficult to understand what they were saying. Most were very helpful.

Bathrooms were disgusting in the public areas. Accessibility to the different places i.e., stardust theatre, spinnakers, etc. were not clearly marked at all. Elevators were extrememly slow.

I thought the balacony room (which we had) was a little small once the third bed came out. Made it very difficult to get out to the balcony. You had to climb over both beds. The beds themselves were very uncomfortable. Hard. The sheets were like sandpaper.
We got there on a Sunday at 11:00 a.m. We took the bus which was a horrible ride to Horseshoe Beach. Beautiful beach. Highly recommend it. Monday was a Holiday in Bermuda so everything was closed. Tuesday we walked to Snorkel Park so we didn't have to get back on the bus and the ferry was packed. Snorkel Park was nice.
Don't Miss: We thought the Segway Tour was great!

Pros: I liked the Freestyling part of the cruise. The shows were excellent.

Cons: I thought the ship was very confusing as far as the elevators went. Not enough sinage to let you know where to go to get to where you want to be. I didn't think the ship had a lot for the kids to do, i.e., rock climbing wall, mini golf, etc.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.