Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

An Exceptional Experience

Sail Date: September 26, 2010

Room Type: Suite

I went on this cruise with my 2 sisters and mother. My Mom is getting up there in age and one of my sisters is handicapped. Both Mom and my sister do require a wheel chair at times. Otherwise they are comforatble getting around with the use of canes. I have to say that the staff on the Dawn was extremely attentive and respectful. This does not always occur for people that require assistance. I know as I have traveled often with my sister and sometimes have been truly amazed how she will be treated. She is not a child, she is 58 years old. Her hearing is fine. She is capable of making all her own decisions. Clearly your staff has been trained to make the right moves. And they did at every turn. The steward we had for our rooms, Larry, was wonderful. My mother really enjoyed getting to know him a little. Thought he was an "exceptional" young man.

We all enjoyed the entertainment very much. It was so much better than I expected. None of the shows or live musical entertainment disappointed in the least.

We also enjoyed the cruise director, Matt. Good energy and a very talented fellow as well.

The first morning we were there we woke up to Matt singing "You Are My Sunshine." That was my Dad's favorite song. My Mom took "us girls" on this cruise as a way to celebrate my Dad who had recently died. My parents loved cruising and especially this area at this time of year. My Mom wanted "us girls" to see what they had so enjoyed. Little did Matt know that waking us up with that song on that first morning was so special to all of us.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!