Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Great Bermuda Cruise

Sail Date: May 30, 2010

If you have not been to Bermuda this is a fabulous way to see it. We only booked one excursion (catamaran) and the rest of the time was spent exploring on our own-saw so much for much less money! Transportation is extremely easy with multiple-day bus passes ($28/3 days). Taxis are too expensive. The buses are soooo clean and the people are over-the-top nice on the island and willing to direct you anywhere.

Pros: Docked for 3 days in Bermuda-so much to see, loved being able to go out off ship one night on the island

Cons: Not as much of a variety of dinner menus in main dining rooms, only one special was added to the standard menu each night-great food though!

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

NCL does well with customer service-I always have wonderful things to say.
Freestyle dining works for me because I never know my schedule of activities day to day and hate feeling committed/restricted to certain dining times. There are computer screens around ship to tell you which dining rooms are busy. 7:30 is always a peak time...the worst night I waited 25 min for a specific dining room I wanted. Otherwise, I never waited once. If there's a wait, put your name in, grab a drink, and you're set to go!
I had interior in the very front of the ship for 2-yah it's small, but to be expected. Use the top bunk for extra storage.
Deck area needs to be revamped. Surprised the majority of the late night activities took place in the karaoke lounge, which is a smaller venue then other areas. Overall, great entertainment...never was bored at sea. In fact, I never could do everything because there was so much going on at once. Staff is great-I always credit Norwegian Cruise Line with excellent service, which is very important. The bartenders knew everyone's name in our party of 8.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
The Wharf has jetskiing, a fort where you can tour the commissioner's house/museum and houses Dolphin Quest. With a tour ticket to the museum you can see the dolphins too. There's great shopping within the fort and across the street. A couple fun pubs too-find the Frog and Onion built right into the fort. Ferries and buses leave right near the ship's dock to go anywhere on the island. (ex. Hamilton, St. Georges)