Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Norweigian Dawn

Sail Date: August 23, 2009

My experience on the Dawn was mediocre at best. The Dawn offers 13 restaurants but only 3 are included in the cost of your cruise. You will need to spend out of pocket for the others. The service is really slow in the 3 included restaurants, so don't go there too hungry. Your onboard account is charged $12 per day per person (over 3 years old) as a tip for your room steward and for your waiter or waitress. My sheets were never changed (I know this because my son got ice cream on them the 1st night) and I never had the same waiter twice (so who gets the tip?). Autogratuity is charged to your bar bill everytime. The Kids Crew staff all have aliases (i.e. Elmo, Aqua, Muddy) so you never learn the name of the person watching your kids. My kids went to the Crew every day, but by day 7, The Crew still did not know both of my kids' names. Room service took well over an hour to deliver and, despite being informed 3 times that I have a nut allergy, sent up nut products (such as brownies and rocky road cookies) instead of the chocolate chip cookies that were requested. I highly recommend seeking out another cruise line.

Cons: Paying for services that are included in the cost of other cruise lines.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

The ship is huge but not very well kept. There was a leak in the 4th floor ceiling near the gangway and the 12th floor dining area had 2 beach towels on the floor (in two different areas) to soak up leaks. The towels were there for days.
Variety, sure. But you'll pay in addition to the cost of your cruise. Be sure to make reservations for the specialty restaurants. If you cancel your reservation, you will still be charged the restaurant cover charge.
On the first full day at sea, one of the Kid's Crew members stormed out of the room telling her colleague, "I'm leaving and I am not coming back!" Personally, I don't understand how she could quit her job while in the Altantic, but she made it quite clear that even she didn't want to be there.
The sheets were never changed and there was a faint smell of urine in the room.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Snorkle Park is not advertised by the cruise line. It is a 10 minute walk from the boat and is much more convenient than the bus ride to Horseshoe Beach. You will have access to the beach, the museum, snorkling and swimming with dolphins.