This is the first time I have experienced a mediocre level of service on a NCL cruise , I think I am done!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 25, 2017

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 5125

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Too many people in too many lines for everything, too many people saving places and seats for others, certainly not relaxing. Crowded beyond belief in the pools and hot tubs.

On the plus side, really enjoyed 3 of the evening events, especially Burn The Floor, Justino and Daniella Magicians, Howl at the Moon.

Ship experiences

pretty good actually, although the desserts look amazing they are always tasteless, but ice cream was fun.

pretty good, but timing of some things was strange and some activities were "clumped" together and then times when not much going on at all. At least twice events that were supposed to happen, never happened (nobody showed to run them)

It seemed like every time you turned around there was a charge. For example the Bingo charge (the cheapest you could play for was a $39 package ), in the past you could buy each card at a $4 cost.

n/a

cabin toilet did not work for 7 days, called plumbers 10 times. Assistant Hotel Manager said the issues we had were not properly escalated on the service side. I was told the previous week someone on the 14th deck had put a towel down the toilet and it had consequences throughout a whole zone of toilets!! In addition our cabin guy never once turned down a bed, never changed our sheets, never made a cute animal from a towel or brought towels in a timely manner. Never had this on any other cruise I have been on -service degraded on this ship. I took the service charge off my bill.

Not bad considering the number of people everywhere

As I mentioned, the toilet did not work all 7 days, and it had nothing to do with us clogging the toilet. 10 times plumbers came but it never got properly fixed. This is a basic necessity, we had to hunt out the public restrooms all week!!

Ship tip

See Burn The Floor is it is still an event on the ship, it is an excellent production. Eat in the main dining rooms, it is not worth the extra money in the specialty restaurants for similar food.

Ports of call

New York, New York

as u sail out, go up on the deck for a close up of the Statue of Liberty, you will never get an closer than this.