Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Need to be more helpful when medicine is taken or thrown out by others

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Don't get me wrong. This was a great cruise and Bermuda is beautiful. My only issue with Norwegian is that a brand new insulin vial was stolen or thrown out from my stateroom mini bar. I wear an insulin pump and have 2 only change the vial for my pump every 3 days, so didn't notice it was taken until then. The only thing that Norwegian Guest Services suggested I do while I was on board was go to the medical office, get assessed by the doctor to then determine if I can receive insulin, which i had to pay $396.00 for, To see the doctor was $186.00 because it was off hours, was I really suppose to wait until his actual work hours! : /  Then i had to pay $210.00 for a vial of insulin. They didn't try to help me at all because there was no proof but they didn't check the camera footage, which there is a camera right outside my stateroom. They also said they would send Security to our room to double check the room incase it was misplace along with my husband and I present. Security was never sent. Norwegian will not reimburse us the money, instead I was told that I have to put it through to my medical & presciption insurance in order to get reimbursed but Norwegian wants to charge another $75 to receive the report needed to send to my insurance company. Not bad enough I already gave them almost $400.00. Now they want another $75.00 ontop of that.  They've taken no responsibility for what has happened.  I've been cruising with Norwegian for 6 yrs and have never had a problem like this or a situation they weren't willing to try and resolve. If it weren't for this situation, it would have been such a great cruise and they would hav gotten more than 3 stars. I do have a case pending with them and hope it works out in my favor or I will never cruise with them again.

Was the best oceanview inside stateroom I ever had so far. We were situated at the very front of the ship looking at the bow. We had the same view as they show on one of the channels in your stateroom but ours was live.
It went quite smoothly.
They keep a very clean ship and hand sanitizer is everywhere.
Destination was beautiful. Didn't partake in any of the excursion since it was my third time at this destination but from previous times, Crystal Cave was amazing to see. Got some really nice pictures. Horseshoe Bay Beach has beautiful sand but overly crowded. The Zoo/Aquarium/Museum is quite small but hey why not just go see it to say you did. the Museum at the Naval Dock Yard is definitely worth the $15. Alot of walking and theres an area you can sit and watch the dolphins. That was my favorite part.
They could use some more onboard activities. Sometime you don't want to be at the pool all the time and more shops would be great. What female doesn't love shopping.
The game shows are always funny. Fat Kats had amazing Jazz/Blues Music and great parties. Burn the Floor was an amazing show but they need to get rid of the Rock of Ages show. This is the 2nd time I've seen it with 2 different cast members and both times were horrible. Never again. Thought with the new cast, it would have been better but I was severely wrong.
Most of the staff was good, except for Guest Services not being able to help with the situation of my insulin going missing from my stateroom.
Food was actually quite good. There was a night in one of the complimentary restaurants, that they served skirt steak with chimichurri sauce and yucca fries. I have to say one of the best meals on the ship.
New York, New York
I live in NYC. No comment needed.

Take advantage of as much as possible, you will regret missing some of the fun parties the ship will have to offer and try to do at least one of the specialty dining restaurants. I know you have to pay extra for it if it's not one of the free offers but it's worth doing and take lots of pictures.