NCL PLEASE UP YOUR GAME!

Bermuda - New York
Sail Date: August 28, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
Cabin Type: Suite

SEE MY FURTHER COMMENTS IN FIELDS BELOW..

IN SHORT, AS AN AVID CRUISER I FELT I WAS BEING NICKELED AND DIMED AT EVERY CORNER OF THIS SHIP EVERY DAY.  THE STAFF ARE LIKE ROBOTS UNABLE TO GO AN EXTRA STEP TO MAKE A GUEST HAPPY.  SERIOUSLY, IF I WAS RECEIVING TOP NOTCH SERVICE ALONG WITH A TOP NOTCH PRODUCT I WOULD NOT  BLINK IN EYE TO SPEND THE EXTRA DOLLAR.  THIS CRUISE DID NOT FALL INTO THAT MODEL...

Quality of food was FAR inferior to our last cruise on Royal Caribbean and this was on one of RC's older boats. The buffet selection was unimpressive and food quality was on par with that of a state university. Moderno was a huge disappointment as the staff did not know the difference betw/ medium and medium-rare meats and the food was bland. I suggest taking a page from Samba Grill on Royal Caribbean's boats- the quality and knowledge of meats excellent. Dolce Gelato was a complete ripoff- the gelato was near tasteless.

Yes its a challenge to keep guests fully entertained when they re stuck at sea for almost 6 full days but then again I wouldve expected a bit more. The pools after 11am were packed to the point where you felt like you were floating around in a soup. Just plain gross.
Casino selection of games was good. However, the blackjack tournament was run like a mafia card game. NCL clearly stated the time of the final table and then decided to extend the prelim rounds so they could generate more buy-in money. This only infuriated the current finalists who were bumped out of the final table as a result of this unjustified time change. Policy is policy period. It was not until the participants complained that the casino mgmt closed the tournament- 1hr after the original printed time. SImply unexcusable.

I was hoping for a larger childrens pool area- with all the youngsters in such a confined area conditions became dangerous...

Compared to the NCL Epic I found most bar staff not as personable -except for the casino bartenders in the late evenings. Our stateroom attendant was wonderful. The host and wait staff at Moderno was extremely accommodating and friendly. But overall it seemed as though the most of the ships staff were simply going through the motions.

Great designs and color schemes through out

Loved the stateroom and balcony

expect to get what you paid for