No control over the kids on ship, miss communitcation

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 17, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
Cabin Type: Suite

My husband and close friends along with and myself traveled on the NCL Breakaway and were very disappointed with this cruise.

One of the reason's we booked this cruise was the adult swimming pool/hot tub and the Casino.  Normally, we can expect that these area's would be off limits to kids, however, we found that the adult swimming pool/hot tub was always filled with kids.  We never took advantage of the adult pool area.

The casino seem to have several kids playing machines.  When I inquired about both the pool and casino, I was informed that the staff did not want to upset the parents of the kids.  Made no sense to me and my husband.

Had several problems with staff not understanding what we wanted or said.  I have to say for the most part, the staff was wonderful (housekeeping) but it was difficult getting service while sitting at the bar.  Seems we were ignored because we were the older crowed.  Was disappointed with the Steak House.  The staff keep spilling things (alcohol, water) and got our order wrong.  I don't think they were happy with us. We were happy with most of the specialty restaurant however I don't think we'll be traveling on the NCL Breakaway out of NYC any time soon.  People were rude getting on the vessel.

Did do the Hawaii cruise and that was wonderful.  i would totally recommend the Hawaii cruise, but forget the NCL NYC cruise to the Bahama's.

We took advantage of a lot of the specialty entertainment. It was worth the cost.

We loved our housekeeping person. He went out of the way to introduce himself. It was a hit and miss with other services, staff.

We really were happy with our cabin. Loved our bathroom and our stateroom staff was wonderful. He made sure to introduce himself and made sure if we needed anything, he was there to assist us.