Just okay

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail Date: April 17, 2016

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Review Summary

At this point I would say we are experienced "cruisers" as we have now been on 8 in total.  This cruise was a disappointment.  We knew it would be crowded as it was a school vacation week so we knew what to expect as far as long lines, impossible to get lounge chairs etc.  With that being said, we found ourselves to be very bored while on the ship.  On the days at sea there was hardly any entertainment going on at the main deck (no live band) just background music.  There would be one guest activity at around 1:00 (ex. men's sexy legs) but after that nothing.  As for night entertainment they had a few shows.  I would recommend Rock of Ages.  As for the food, if you are traveling with any food allergies I would say BEWARE.  My son and I have a severe tree nut allergy and honestly did not feel safe with the way it was handled.  You had to pre-order for the next night but even doing so when you mentioned that you had a pre-order to your waiter they seemed confused.  On other cruise lines, you get to know your waiter and they understand by day two what your allergy is and make sure you are safe.  There is one restaurant that claims to be nut free but it has the same boring menu (wings, burgers, salad) and after eating there a few times it gets old.  All in all we had an OK time.  I would cruise Norwegian again but definitely not this ship or a ship this size.

Ship Experiences

As stated above we did not feel comfortable due to food allergies. The main dining areas had pretty much the same menu every night. It got boring.

We went to an art auction to pass the day on our last day at sea. Weather wasn't so great and there was nothing else to do. Unless we wanted to go to the fifth jewelry giveaway. Boring.

Rock of Ages was worth it but other than that not much to do unless you were paying for it (ex. bingo, deal or no deal)

We felt that the crew members were either overworked or just unhappy with their jobs. No one stood out this time.

There were two of us in the cabin and we had enough space. We booked two cabins for our family of 4. I cannot see how four people would fit comfortably in one cabin on this ship.

In order to get a lounge chair on the main deck you need to get there around 7:00 a.m.

Ports Of Call

New York, New York

Port Canaveral, Florida

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

We didn't leave the ship. With the amount of people getting off on the tender it was a nightmare. We decided to stay on board and enjoy the main pool with less people.