Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun cruise, but not a lot of selection for vegetarians

Sail Date: April 10, 2016

My husband and I enjoyed the cruise.  The ship is nice and the staff is outstanding.  The entertainment is great.  Rock of Ages was great.  So was the Cirque dinner show.  Burn the Floor was ok.  Loved Nassau.  Florida was ok and Great Stirrup Cay was WAY too crowded, so that was not our favorite stop.

Negatives:  I wish there was more than 1 pool, as it got a little crowded on the "at sea" days.  The last 2 days at sea we hit some bad weather, so the pools and upper decks were closed.  I feel like the staff was not prepared for a ship full of people with not much to do.  It definitely get a little boring.

Our biggest complaint, though, was the food selection.  My husband and I are both vegetarians.  This meant that we could not eat at any of the specialty restaurants (while there was an italian restaurant, when we tried to go they were out of the only vegetarian selection on the menu!).  The complimentary restaurants always offered only 1 vegetarian entree, but that entree was not always appetizing (i.e. stuffed tomato-bleh!)  The staff was accommodating and would make us a pasta-but there is only so much pasta with marinara sauce you can eat in 1 week.  If I could change anything, I would wish that they always have more than 1 vegetarian selection, to give us herbivores some choices!!

Otherwise, it was a really fun time and we would total cruise with Norwegian again.

Loved the room. Fabulous view. Worth the extra money.
Nassau was great!! Great Stirrup Cay was too crowded. Florida is...Florida. Nothing too exciting there.
Needed more activities other than bingo.
Not enough choices for vegetarians. They need to step up their game in this department.

1 Comment