Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Spring Break 2016

Sail Date: March 27, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Well, the one thing I learned is I will never take a cruise again on Spring Break out of NY. The weather was simply dreadful. We arrived in FL on Tuesday after being at sea for 1 1/2 days only to be forced back onto the ship because of thunderstorms.   Wednesday, we couldn't get off the ship at all in Stirrup Cay being the waters were way to choppy and the tenders couldn't make it to us.  Thursday, Nassau Bahamas was on and off cloudy but it was doable.  Friday was the only HOT day to sit out and enjoy the beautiful deck the Norwegian Breakaway offers.  Then it was off at sea AGAIN.  Loads of entertainment but after day 3 I was simply bored out of my mind. The staff was good once you engaged them in conversation other than that they kept to themselves.  Rooms were very clean and the ship was always being cleaned. I can't remember a time I didn't see someone cleaning something.  The Splash Academy could have been a little more structured age wise.  My 9 year old was stuck with 6 year olds and he hated every minute of the camp. He was just to mature for that group.  Perhaps it should be 6 to 8 yr olds and 9 to 11 and 12 and 13.

I loved my Cabin Steward, Carlos (Colombia) is simply a gem!

Must add the Manhattan Room to your dinner line up.