Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Epic vs Breakaway

Sail Date: November 15, 2015

After having last cruised 4 years ago on the Epic, I was expecting more in terms of service and the quality of the food. The Epic was amazing in all aspects; atmosphere, food, service, entertainment...  I took advantage of the offer to deposit on a future cruise within 4 years, hence my 2015 cruise on the Breakaway. I'm not sure what time has changed or what they've done in 4 years, but I was disappointed at times with the service. The dining room dinner service was not as I remember it. I feel that now that they've implemented the daily service charge some of the staff is less motivated and interested in making sure you're all set; often we had to seek them out. In fact one server told me she was clearing off the tables so I had to wait. Also the food quality has gone down in my opinion. Although this may appear to be negative, it is not. Even with the changes noted, it was a pleasant experience and we're looking to cruise again.

1 Comment