Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

NCL Breakaway

Sail Date: September 27, 2015

Room Type: Suite

First let me give a rave review to the Captain and crew for keeping us in calm waters during a tropical storm/hurricane for 98% of the trip.  His expertise in keeping us in calm waters was unbelievable. The ship was beautiful and the staff that we met were friendly. The US officer who arranged for the veterans get together, champagne and photo should be mentioned because every veteran who participated thought it was an amazing gathering.  Thank you for that.   I was disappointed int he menu choices as I usually cannot make up my mind,  Lobster night in the main dining room has been discontinued, so if you want lobster, you have to go to the specialty restaurants.  Also, we never saw our room steward until Wednesday.  We had no bathrobes in the room until I called and requested them and then, they had no belts.  Sad This indicates to me that the staff has been reduced.  Usually I saw my room steward every day. Also, there used to be a menu left in the room for room service/breakfast and we did that every day, however there was no menu and a $7.95 charge for room service.  I am not sure if we were entitled to the minibar with our beverage package, but the footstool had the minibar bottles in it until the last night of our cruise when the bottles went into the fridge.  Not sure what that was about.    I just feel like the customer service factor has dropped a bit since the last cruise.  We are Gold latitude members who traveled with others who were not.  We are supposed to have priority check in, but our companions were done before us.  Also did not have Priority disembarkation.  .

Love the shower!
No priority service offered to us.
The only crew member I want to mention is the American crew member who organized the Veterans gathering. He made them feel very welcome and respected. Best Veteran gathering we have ever attended and this was our 4th.

love O'Sheehans and the Uptown bar and grill. Those people work very hard all the time.