Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Good but not great

Sail Date: August 02, 2015

Our Cabin Steward, JR,  was awesome, but that was the only thing that was awesome.

The slides, ropes course and rock wall were open only a couple of hours at a time, one to two times a day, depending on the day. This in turn caused long lines that you could wait in well over an hour to use. This is not how anyone wants to spend their vacation. All the lines could have all been alleviated by having them open for longer periods of time.

I had to visit customer service 2 times to try and find out why one of my 3 cabins did not receive a $75 credit, which was part of the booking agreement. The first time I went to the customer service desk (Monday morning) the guy said he would send a message to look into why I didn't receive the credit and get back to me by Monday night. Monday night came and went - no message on my room phone. I gave them until Tuesday afternoon, at which point I went back to the desk again, spoke with another member of the team who said they contacted my travel agent and we weren't getting the credit. I asked who they contacted, they said the name of the travel agent they contacted - but it was not the travel agent I used!  At this point I asked for a supervisor. After waiting for about 25 minutes a supervisor appeared. We spoke about the issue I was having and he offered to call my travel agent directly. He let me speak with the agent who explained that they told Norwegian they would credit the $75 back to my credit card. It wasn't the travel agent - it was Norwegian who could not communicate the message. All in all I spent about 3 hours and a lot of frustration of my vacation trying to get this worked out - not how I was interested in vacationing.

We went with three teenage girls 13, 15 and 17 years. The teen club was geared toward the 13 year old, not 13-17 years as stated. If the girls weren't interested in doing a specific activity they were kicked out of the teen club. This was very disappointing, especially since the activities were juvenile and certainly not something a 15 or 17 year would be interested in. One evening we were looking for the girls and checked the teen club. We were rudely greeted by the people who ran the teen club. They looked for the girls, determined they were not present and let us know. We said ok and left. Later that evening when we did see the girls they told us that the people who ran the club told them we were angry that we could not find them. This was totally not the case! What did upset me was that they lied to the girls, which in turn made them think we were upset with them.

The food was good and all the restaurants we tried. They had a nice assortment of food and the restaurant was friendly and attentive.

As far as onboard activities go we all agreed they were pretty sad - we went to several group activities including health and wellness - where each time we attended all they tried to do was sell you something. We also attended several "name that picture", "name that tune" type of events - each one was poorly run and not enough seating.

The shows were good.
The teen program was poor and not a 13-17 year old program, but rather a program for 13 year olds.
The activities were poorly ran and not enough seating.
There was too much time at sea. We left Sunday and did not arrive until Wednesday. Return we left Friday at 3pm and returned Sunday 8am.
We much prefer Royal Caribbean's designs. However, the Norwegian ship was very clean.
The cabin was small as expected, but we didn't spend any time other than sleeping there, so it was just fine. Our room steward, JR, was awesome! He kept the room clean and fresh. He was very friendly and made everyone feel special:)
New York, New York
It's dirty and full of rude people!
Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda

The onboard activities were poor which left sailing days long and boring. The dining staff and room steward were all great. If you have a customer service issue be prepared to spend hours to resolve it - no one speaks English as a first language, which proved to be a real problem.