Sisters Getaway!! July 12-July 19th, 2015
Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda
Sail Date: July 12, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
Cabin Type: Inside
Cabin Number: 5607
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Reviewed: 2 years ago
1. Food- Free dining excellent
2. Cirque de dreams, burn the floor, rock of ages was a must see!
After that everything else you have to pay for and advertised all inclusive cruise ship
On a boat of 5,000 people and over 2,000 employee. How exactly one small adult pons
1. Only 1 adult small pool
2. After paying $181.00 in gratuities for two people prior to boarding the ship. The cruise liner hit us with hidden fees and service charges when you board the ship.
3. Complimentary drinks you receive you will hit with service/processing fees
4. They charged us $20.00 for a transportation 1-day pass. When we boarded the island to board the bus and ferry it was only 4drs.
5. The fitness and gym area was REALLY REALLY small for boat that size and for that many people. I had to get up before 5:30-6am to be able to use the equipment and most of the time there was a line. Although I woke up that early.
5. There is a fee to go into the steam room and sauna. Before getting on the ship I called Norwegian if it was free. They said yes. Access to those rooms are free after you pay 100 dollars to enter the spa room. They conveniently placed it all in one location. Norwegian has a lot of deceptive cost.
Online they shows spacious rooms for everything when you go into them they are barley a size of a studio room. So you feel like a cramped fish in a bowl.
6. Yes it is a big ship but you can see where they compromised space for things that most people would frequently use.
7. We were charged a cork bottle fee of $15.00 dollars. Although I called the cruise liner and they informed me that the 1st bottle is allowable. The 2nd bottle is a price charge. Lie we were hit with a $15dr charge.
8. The workers are overworked!! I mean OVERWORKED!!! And I completely understand. 80% we had excellent service. But at times the other 20% of the time we encountered staff he were snippy, short or rude. But Understand they get very none to limited breaks. So I understand serving a boat about 5k people. Your server is a jack of all trades. I would see housekeeping be the pool attendant, gym keeper, maintenance worker, food server, cleanup crew etc. They smile through being exhausted and very helpful. But you can tell they are indentured servants and miserable.
9. My bill was always confusing with some unexplainable fees. If you wanted anything that was free on other cruises not on the NCL breakaway be prepared to be charge for whatever you are having , plus gratuity added, plus a processing fee.
10. Most of everything that fun events started so early in the morning from 7am-11am. So me and my sister felt rushed all the time. Breakfast finished around 10:30-11am. So if you didn’t get up early you missed a lot in the day.
11. The arcade room, bowling was a fee plus more fee for every game and activity. It was ridiculous… I understand sometimes you have to pay for but come on. To play ____ you had to pay for it. Bingo was $ 20 dollar each per small card
12. There are a lot of families and kids!!! I mean a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So be prepared to hear screaming kids with a temper tantrum, rude misbehaved unsupervised kids on a moving ship. I had kids run and step on my toes
13. Me and my sister are in the 20s range and it was super loud music to the point where it is extremely unbearable. The party guys are drunk and reckless. May I add the pretty dish of a pool the drunk guys hung out all the time and threw up in the pool.
14. We were served filtered sea water to drink. So it was not good or refreshing. Coffee was not good.
15. Our room was not as clean it looked used when we first arrived. I understood when I left the ship. Our dembarkation was at 10:30am and embarkation for new arrivals was 11am. So now it makes sense why I had hair on my sheets and the bathroom wasn’t so clean. Which made me not trust my sheets were changed. So I was not pleased about that. Which is no fault of the staff. How is anyone logically supposed to turn around a whole floor in less than 30min.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
I plan to do Carnival next time I don't feel like that they are deceptive with payment practices for things that they claim are all inclusive. Don't get me wrong It was a nice ship!! But I felt paranoid about being hit with hidden charges is there a processing and gratuities fee. It was annoying.