Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First time cruiser, lifetime cruiser!

Sail Date: April 12, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Excellent experience for someone who has never been on a cruise.  I took a last minute vacation with my tween daughter and we had a very relaxing time.  I would recommend this ship in a heart beat.  The activities were endless and the entertainment was just as good.  It was only the two of us, and she would have had a better time if she had her twin brother with her, or a friend.  I think she would have taken advantage of the various activities on the ship.  Overall we had a good time.  If I had to do it all over again, I would not get off of the ship in Florida.  I think our time would have been better spent on the ship than on Coco Beach.  The food options on the ship are endless.  There is no need to eat at the buffet every night.  There are three or four nice restaurants that are complementary each evening, where you can order off of the menu, which changes every night.  The buffet is great for breakfast and lunch, or if you have very small children.  Children are welcome in all of the restaurants.  The porters clean the rooms twice a day/replace towels, if you like.  Also, the porters drop off an itinerary every night to your room.  This allows you to see what activities are going on, hour by hour, and where.  Extremely helpful.

There are several restaurants that are an additional cost, but honestly there are so many different options each night, that you don't need to upgrade.  I had lamb chops one night in the complimentary restaurant, went to the French Bistro because I was given a voucher, and the lamb was better in the regular restaurant.  There is a steak house, but I had filet mignon in the complimentary and it was excellent.  Really read all the info in that itinerary and you then know how to work the ship and get a bang for your buck.

Not worth getting off in Coco Beach. Beaches in Jersey just as nice, if not nicer. Ship would be less crowded and you have the crew to yourself. Excursions on the other islands are worth it, if you are willing to spend the money.
New York, New York
Easy on and off ship.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Waste of time. Time would have been better spent on ship. Unless you are taking an excursion to disney, seaworld or one of the other parks. But that would have you rushing around too. Beach day not worth it.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Very nice, worth it if you like the beach. A little souvenier shopping and good entertainment and activities.
Suggest beach and activities, but they all come at a steep price. Lots of walking, but definitely worth seeing. My daughter loved the dolphin swim.