Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Much better than I expected !!!!!

Sail Date: March 15, 2015

The ship, Breakaway, was beautiful, the cabin was pretty with plenty of storage space for 2. The balcony was small, wish it had been bigger.

Lots of activities and the shows, Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor were terrific.

We had the upgraded dining package and our favorite restaurant was Teppanyaki.. Moderno was a very close second. We also loved Cagney;s and La Cucina.

The buffet was pretty good, but at times very, very crowded and very difficult to find seating..

I loved the waterfront area and also 'Maltings" lounge.

The staff works very hard and could not do enough to make your "voyage" as pleasant as possible.

The biggest downside was the disembarcation.  It took over 90 minutes of standing on a very long line which snaked around deck 7 to finally exit the ship. I suggest that improvements be made immediately, it was so frustrating to stand on an endless line and it almost spoiled an otherwise wonderful week.

We also loved the private island of "Stirrup Cay". We had a great beach day and the barbecue was a lot of fun.

Music, music everywhere on the ship and the sound of music just added to the fun atmosphere.

My husband and I would definitely book another cruise on "The Breakaway". My sister won the same cruise in November and I told her not to be surprised if we wind up joining her for another fun filled week..

The convenience of leaving from NY cannot be beat and the views were spectacular !!!!!

Beautiful ship!!!
Thumbs up except for tremendous overcrowding at times in the Garden Cafe.
Jose, our room steward was great!!!!
"Rock of Ages" good but definitely not for children so do not let them tag along!!!
no kids with us but the children on the ship looked like they were having a blast
Something for everybody !!!!!
loved "Stirrup Cay"
Loved the cabin but wish the balcony was bigger!!! Storage was not a problem for 2 people in the cabin and the bed was very comfortable!!!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Lots of fun, great weather, and a very relaxing day at the beach!!!
We spent the day at the "Atlantis" on Paradise island and shopping on Bay St.

Make reservations for the specialty restaurants and the shows before you cruise otherwise you could be out of luck.

1 Comment