Dissapointed with the Breakaway

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 12, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

I've been on several cruises. Most of them on NCL. I have really enjoyed all of them except for this one. The Breakaway is poorly designed for the amount of people they stuff on that ship. 4000 passengers and only one pool area. It was almost impossible to get a lounge chair in the pool area. I brought my 15 year old son and he couldn't even enjoy a pool. Had to use the kiddy pool witch was only waist high on him since he is 6 feet tall. The hot tubs were only lukewarm. Lacking elevators in the middle of the ship because of that circus tent that most people don't even enjoy since it is extra money to go see that show. I will say we never had to search for a seat for the buffet. I didn't like having to reserve a time to go see the shows either. Better luck next time.

The food was alright, but less impressive than I've experienced in the past.

Didn't get to enjoy many of the activities due to lack of elevators and too much walking.

Had to make reservations to see the shows, so we missed a lot of it. Sad!

The ropes course is really cool!

The crew is always fantastic!

They put too much and too many people on this ship for the size. Crowded!

I liked the stateroom a lot! Our first time with a balcony.

Get to the pool deck early if you want a chair. Plan you room placement carefully since there are no elevators in the middle of the ship. Lots of walking, I'm not lazy, but it wastes a lot of precious cruise time.

Went to Ellens Stardust Diner on Broadway. Casual food, but really fun!
The beach is ok, but there's not a lot to do there.
Enjoyed the beach all day! The water is beautiful!
Went shopping, but the locals are a pain in the behind!