Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Dissapointed with the Breakaway

Sail Date: October 12, 2014

I've been on several cruises. Most of them on NCL. I have really enjoyed all of them except for this one. The Breakaway is poorly designed for the amount of people they stuff on that ship. 4000 passengers and only one pool area. It was almost impossible to get a lounge chair in the pool area. I brought my 15 year old son and he couldn't even enjoy a pool. Had to use the kiddy pool witch was only waist high on him since he is 6 feet tall. The hot tubs were only lukewarm. Lacking elevators in the middle of the ship because of that circus tent that most people don't even enjoy since it is extra money to go see that show. I will say we never had to search for a seat for the buffet. I didn't like having to reserve a time to go see the shows either. Better luck next time.

They put too much and too many people on this ship for the size. Crowded!
The food was alright, but less impressive than I've experienced in the past.
I liked the stateroom a lot! Our first time with a balcony.
The crew is always fantastic!
Had to make reservations to see the shows, so we missed a lot of it. Sad!
The ropes course is really cool!
Didn't get to enjoy many of the activities due to lack of elevators and too much walking.
The port in Florida or Nassua are nothing to write home about. The private island is great!
New York, New York
Went to Ellens Stardust Diner on Broadway. Casual food, but really fun!
Port Canaveral, Florida
The beach is ok, but there's not a lot to do there.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Enjoyed the beach all day! The water is beautiful!
Went shopping, but the locals are a pain in the behind!

Get to the pool deck early if you want a chair. Plan you room placement carefully since there are no elevators in the middle of the ship. Lots of walking, I'm not lazy, but it wastes a lot of precious cruise time.