Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

People/lines Everywhere!!

Sail Date: April 13, 2014

This was my 5th cruise so I thought I knew what to expect. Wrong! This ship is way too crowded and understaffed!! Pool areas are tiny with an outdoor smoking lounge located nearby. Gym/workout area is small and pathetic. By the time you plow through the buffet lines and find a place to eat, the food is cold. Dining in a 'specialty' restaurant which I paid extra for resulted in dirty dishes not being cleared before the next course arrived and no one taking drink orders. Food was decent. When disembarkation was announced, I stood in a long line only to have to sit forever in the theater with hundreds of other guests to get a tender ride to Norwegian's private island. Guess what? No more chairs on the main beach and more lines for food and beverages! Even more lines to return to the ship! Attending game shows resulted in overpriced playing cards, sad 'prizes' guessed it...long lines and extremely limited seating.

The shows were awesome but arrive very early to get a seat. I highly recommend finding another cruise and reading the reviews.

Had a lot of amenities but difficult to access due to crowds and understaffing.
Room was awesome!
Not bad but overpriced and limited access due to volume of guests.
Usual cruise activities. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Nassua/Paradise Island was great!
New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
Nothing to do if you didn't pay a ridiculous amount for an excursion.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Staff was not prepared for volume of guests. Limited seating at main beach and long lines for food and beverages.
Aquarium at Paradise Island is awesome!

Avoid the buffet if you want hot food by the time you sit down.