Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

Nice ship, accommodations could be better

Sail Date: February 02, 2014

Ship is very nice, food great, my husband & I always book a balcony cabin and I was very disappointed with the poor or lack of ventilation in the casino area, too much cigarette smoke. I know that there are more non-smokers than smokers so the cruiselines should dedicate one whole side to us, the non-smokers. We pay just as much or sometimes even more for the same staterooms and we should be able to enjoy our balconies. I couldn't leave my door open because the cig. smoke was getting into my room. We like to sit outside on the balcony, have our first cup of coffee and enjoy the ocean air but like I mentioned already, something HAS to be done about the smoking situation. All of our friends and family we travel with are also non-smokers and we all share the same frustration about the cig smoke. I know that there is a Carnival ship that is non-smoking but it has a limited and/or short itinerary and it departs from Florida, so we can't book that one all the time. If CARNIVAL can do it I'm sure other cruiselines CAN do it also.

Nice design, big, new
food was great, a lot choices, very nice dining rooms
smaller than we expected, no drawers, unfortunately balcony on same side with cig smokers
pretty helpful and very friendly
Cirque show beautiful, food very good, worth the money.
Children's Programs N/A
a lot do and choose from
Great Stirrup Cay one big beautiful island and great bbq.
New York, New York
Live here
Port Canaveral, Florida
Nice port, many things to do and choose from
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
One of the best Islands we've been to
Been there before but we'll always go back. Beautiful Island

All the free dining rooms had great food, different menus to choose from. I recommend to try them all. the Garden Cafe was also very nice, very clean, we all liked the convenience of the sinks by the exits to wash our hands after meals. The specialty restaurants, great food and entertainment.