Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Leaves much to be desired!!! If you cruise, read this review!!!

Sail Date: August 04, 2013

First, there is much to pay for after your ticket...$49 per person for Ocean Blue, $39 per person for Cirque Dreams, $30 per person for Cagney's steakhouse. All of which, I wanted to go to and I was traveling with a family of six! There went my bill...Me and my wife are both sober, but they wanted us to buy the unlimited drinks in order to get it for our daughter ($400each), plus we would have to buy the unlimited soda ($52each) for everyone else!!!!! That would have totaled over $1300!!!! Sorry, but you can take that bill and put it you know where!!!!
Also, try to get a cup of iced coffee or cappuccino without paying extra. Or try to get anything appetizing late at night; after 11pm all restaurants are shut down except one with only a very limited menu. The Main dining restaurants are okay but they have the same exact items in each one so it doesn't matter where you go, the same food is on the menu! You have to go to a specialty restaurant if you want something different at least one night.
The pool is only for people that like blaring party music going all day with no room to swim. Now speaking of no room to swim, the entire ship was filled with guests and everything was full, all the time! We were almost to capacity!
The last negative thing I will say is a serious event that happened the night of the fireworks show. We were all on the starboard side of the ship watching the fireworks show. First off, the SpiceH20 club was overcrowded to the point that people were cursing as they were turning back in disappointment. Next, the Captain made a last minute decision to turn the ship as the fireworks appeared to be coming back towards the ship in the wind. When he did this, the ship leaned on its side so far that the water emptied out of the hot tubs and my feet were soaking wet and me and my wife, as well as all the other guests in the club were horrified and began panicking!!! Many ran for the doors of the club, trampling over each other. There were no crew in site to calm anyone down or to direct anyone! We were told later why the Captain did this, but when it happened, all I could think of was there is water on my feet and people trampling each was reminiscent of Jack and Rose trying to outrun the water in the Titanic!!! We were scared for our lives.
After all of this, the only positives I can say is that we did get on the ropes course, the rock climbing wall, and the slides. We enjoyed them even though we had to wait a long time for both the ropes course and the rock climbing wall. The food in Ocean Blue and service was very good, but we had to pay for that! Cirque Dreams was very good, but we had to pay for that. Cagney's was okay this time, not great.
My kids had a good time; this is a cruise line for children and young adults that like to party!

Cruise Photos

Beautiful ship.
Same food in all main dining halls; no variety at all!
Our stateroom was bigger than our last cruise by far.
Most of the staff were pleasant; some were very good (Ocean Blue waitress MaeRose was awesome), some were rude.
Some good, some okay, some very long lines!
My son was not overly impressed!
Onboard Activities Some good, some okay, some very crowded.
Buy your own outside of the ship. All tours are at least half price off of the ship.
New York, New York