Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda
Sail Date: June 30, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: 9188&9190
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Reviewed: 4 years ago
Review SummaryThe cruise staff was very obliging and professional, however, after that there were many things which we did not like.
1. Ship balconies were very small, and confining.
2. Restaurant capacity for the standard restaurants seemed inadequate, as we could only avoid long waits by eating very early. The same was true at times for the restaurants which charged extra fees, especially on the last two nights of the voyage. The extra fees were as high as $49 per person.
3. On the entire voyage, we were never able to find a lounge on Deck 15, the pool deck. Even at 7:00 in the morning all had items saving them, even though ship policy, stated that after an hour, these things would be removed. They never were. Thus we had to forget about any sun bathing or pool activities.
4. The entertainment was not to our liking, except for a duo called Fire & Ice, which conducted very lively performances. The Rock of Ages show was not appropriate for our boys, not what it was cracked up to be, and other than dance there was little theater entertainment, and though we did see a Cirque show in one of the restaurants, it was for a fee.
5. The coffee and pastry shop, experience on other ships was far better. NCL had nothing but coffees and pastry, all for fee, while other ships provided these things, plus interesting salads, sandwiches, etc. charging only for the coffee. Pizza was available, but a delivery fee of $5 was charged if brought to the room.
6. Drink prices were way too high, especially the specials!
7. The restaurant, O'Sheehans, was only fair at best, and in the center of all the noise of the so called atrium, for lack of a better word.
8. The entire experience was far too commercial, and there were too many people for the facilities of the ship.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
I would suggest avoiding travel on this ship for all of the reasons stated in the last section of this evaluation. We have not been on other NCL ships, and while this may be their newest, we certainly hope that it is not their best.