Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Breakaway to Bermuda

Sail Date: June 09, 2013

The ship was beautiful. I really enjoyed the interactive features, such as touch screens at all of the stairwells. The touch screens made it quick and easy to view the day's activities, dining menus, and entertainment options. One suggestion, the rooms should have drawers. It is really difficult to put/keep items like socks, underwear, and swimsuits on shelves.

The buffet was excellent, with a wide range of options. There were enough stations, so that no one area was too crowded. I'm not sure how I feel about the free-style dining. In some respects, it was nice to be able to pick the time to eat; however, every time you had a different server. I feel like the service suffered in the dining rooms because of the lack of continuity. I also did not like the tips being automatically charged to your room at the end of the cruise. I think I should have the discretion to tip for the services that I use most. For example, I only ate in the dining room twice. I should not have to tip the dining room staff the same as if I had eaten there every night.

The cruise director staff was hit or miss. Some were great and alot of fun. Some had the personality of a brick and I would skip any activities in which those individuals were involved. I have always enjoyed playing bingo on cruise ships. I've played bingo on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. Norwegian, by far, had the worst turn out for bingo.

The casino was nice. I appreciate the fact that there was a small non-smoking section. The only problem was that the ticket redemption machines were out of service the entire time, so the lines got long waiting in line for the cashier.