Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Second Mate

Excellent Ship - Definitely Recommend

Sail Date: May 08, 2013

This ship has made me a true Norwegian fan. I had a balcony room, which was pretty good size (typical for a cruise). My family had a stateroom in the Haven, which is gorgeous. The best comparison to the Haven is the Cove in the Atlantis—it is an exclusive, tranquil section of the ship (private pool/restaurant/access to concierge), and the rooms are spectacular.
The specialty dining on the ship is very good, and is reasonably priced. Everything at the raw bar was excellent. The lobster rolls at the takeout window of Ocean Blue (Zakarian’s restaurant) are very good, but the wait was very long. Also, the cannolis at Carlo’s Bakery were awesome. I liked that many of the restaurants offered outdoor seating.
In terms of the entertainment, everything we experienced onboard was fantastic. I saw both Rock of Ages and Cirque. I have seen Rock of Ages on Broadway—this really was just as good. While Rock of Ages is very entertaining, it is a bit risqué; so while I would recommend it, I would also caution families with young children. The Cirque show was equally impressive. If you have never seen this kind of show, I would definitely recommend it.
In terms of daytime activities, the ropes course is a different/fun experience. The water slides were great—enjoyable for all ages. The gym felt a little small, but has everything you need.
Overall, an exceptional experience.
Raw bar was excellent