The Beautiful Norwegian Breakaway

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Transatlantic Westbound (Southampton To New York)
Sail Date: April 30, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
The ship was what I expected. Not much different than the Norwegian Epic. I love cruising so I always enjoy the cruising aspect. I think the ship is catering to a much younger crowd. The show "Rock of Ages" is definitely geared to a young audience and not recommended for children. Many of the older audience walked out during the performance. You can "walk the plank" over the ocean (I know there won't be older guest who will attempt this) and the ship touts the largest Aqua Park at sea. The ship has excellent dining options, both complimentary and cover charge. I refused to eat at Ocean Blue on the transatlantic cruise because doing seven days at sea, how fresh could the seafood really be? It's a $35.00 cover charge for this restaurant. All the restaurants on Deck 8 have both indoor and outdoor seating (The Waterfront) which will probably be very nice on the trips to Bermuda.
Hopefully adjustments will be made to gain access to the Thermal Spa Suites. The ship overbooked and sold additional passes which resulted in a very overcrowded Spa experience. Certainly not the relaxing experience it was supposed to be.
I had a Spa balcony cabin which was very nice. They made the cabins larger with a separate bathroom, however, the balconies are very, very small. If you're not careful you'll fall over.
Overall it was a good transatlantic cruise and I'll do the Bermuda itinerary this fall just to have that experience. But the ship really didn't "wow" me. I'm going back to the Epic.

I have no kids but it seemed OK

Excellent Photographers. Have plenty of professional quality photos taken.