Regenerating Experience

Noordam Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Riviera Romance (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 30, 2011
Ship: Noordam
I was leery of high deck, rear facing stateroom. Not any more. Couldn't have been better. Quiet and private. The nights were not long enough for us. We found that we hit the ports of call early and got back within 30 minutes of leaving. That left us exhausted. Short nap and up for dinner and entertainment (which was great) and had to force ourselves to bed to get 6 or 7 hours of sleep before breakfast and next port visit. Highly recommend you have what I call "pre-breakfast" delivered to cabin. Nice way to wake up. Experience the specialty restaurant(s) at least once. Worth it. BOOK EARLY on in the cruise. Cabin staff was ready to provide anything we asked and kept the room always ready for us.

Folks, what can I say. FANTASTIC everywhere. I got over having to pay for even a soda. Stick with water and offered juices and it is fine. Probably healthier too! Really appreciated the free room service and morning coffee in bed. Please, dress appropriately for all dining areas. Try the specialty restaurants. Worth it but make a booking early on in the cruise.

Fun, entertaining, well done. I was surprised at the low turnout for shows but they were entertaining and a nice variety. Cruise director was entertaining himself.

Staff was fantastic. We have special requirements with regards to pork products coming in contact with our food or utensils. Once explained, the staff was prepared for us at breakfast with separate utensils and never had to ask again. Now that is service! Friendly, very efficient, and accommodating to reasonable requests.

I have been on much bigger ships and I really appreciated this smaller size. I felt consumed in the bigger ships whereas this was more intimate. Nothing was sacrificed be being smaller. In fact, enhanced the experience.

I highly recommend the higher up the better and aft facing rooms I think are the best!
We had an advantage as my wife speaks Arabic. We got a taxi and I think we had a far better tour than the bus ones. Got to spend time where we wanted and learned a lot through conversation with the driver.
Rented a motor scooter for about 54 Euros for the day. Had a blast!
Need a week here! Took a walking tour that was listed as a 2-3 hour tour and spent 5 hours. www.frommers.com has lots of good information.
Don't Miss: Don't miss walking up La Rambla
Can the French get anything right. What a disappointment. No need to ever go back there. The boats in the harbor were pretty.
Don't Miss: There isn't one.

Pros: Smaller ship, clean, great entertainment, staff service

Cons: Not enough time in better ports but thats not the ship lines fault.

Recommends Noordam? Yes!